Thursday, March 10, 2016

Swagger

I saw a magnificent dance piece called Swagger tonight.  It was site-specific, performed in the upstairs bar of a Queens microbrewery, and it blew me away.  It was set during the Troubles, something that became apparent not immediately but as the piece went on, and contained themes of brotherhood, love, loss and choices.  The choreography was stunning and told every facet of the story, the live musicians were perfectly in sync with the dancers, the acting was incredibly moving and the interweaving of all three was seamless.  I loved it.  I went to the choreographer afterwards and told her I was going to hang around her all the time.  Networking!

Then I came home to this:



That's David and Dan playing Street Fighter.  They tagged me in to play too.  On Tuesday it was one year since I moved in with these guys.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it was the best decision I could've made.  I love living here, I love these guys and I'm so happy to call them roommates and friends.  Happy One Year Brooklynversary to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment