Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Rehearsals underway

Day two of panto rehearsal today.  I am having so much fun.  I never would have thought I'd get to do this in NYC of all places.  Our director Derek is fab and very clearly understands the rules of panto - i.e. there are no rules! If you want to do something incredibly silly, noone will stop you.  And the cast while largely American (me, one Londoner, one German and one American with an English mum, she gets it) and therefore still a little confused by some of the conventions of this type of theatre have embraced it wholeheartedly.  We are all having a great time coming up with new funny things to do.  And, I've only ever been a non-comic character before but now I get to be silly with the rest.

Just that quick update, otherwise business as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment